We are currently recruiting Social Care Workers for our newly opened Respite Home
The Social Care Worker (SCW) will provide day-to-day personal care and support for the Respite Service Users. The Social Care Worker must have the desire and the belief that the person with an intellectual disability has something unique, equal and important to offer society.
The Social Care Worker in co-operation with the Social Care Leader will be responsible for ensuring that our residents have good, high quality, safe, meaningful and inclusive lives.
The position requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to the individual resident and to Delta services. The prime consideration at all times must be the interests and well-being of the individuals availing of our services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in the field of social care is essential.
- A degree level 7 or 8 qualification in Social Care / Social Studies or equivalent field is a requirement for this position.
- A sound knowledge and proven ability to interpret and apply legislation such as The National Standards for Adults with Disabilities
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and be highly motivated
- Excellent record keeping skills are required
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Competitive salary linked to HSE Pay Scales based on experience
- Bi-weekly salary
- Access to our Pension Plan
- Continuing Professional/Personal Development
- Access to Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Parking Available
A completed application form (available below) along with a current CV and a covering letter should be submitted to The Respite Manger, Delta Centre CLG, Strawhall, Carlow or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Friday 30th September 2022
Application Form: SCW Respite Application Form June 2022
Job Description: Job Description.RESPITE Social Care Worker 2022
Delta Centre is an equal opportunities employer!
We look forward to hearing from you!